Seriously slacking here. I've been stalking Craigslist like it's my job. Hmmmm, that's funny. Now that I think about it, it kind of is my job. Aside from retail world, my life consists of looking for places to live and work full-time. Let's back-track!
My birthday was fabulous. Pretty low-key to be honest, but I enjoyed myself. I tanned and went out to dinner at Thaiphoon with my wife Erin. My mom sent me 1.) a gigantic chocolate cake from a Georgetown bakery, 2.) a beautiful flower arrangement (that's still kicking!), and 3.) a package consisting of the following: a make-up bag, a new key fob for my *fingers crossed* new apartment/house in August, an "all-in-one" Vera wristlet in the "cupcakes pink" print that is seriously cute. Inside the Vera, she hid money in all the different pockets (what a sneaky bitch!) and also included both a Starbucks and an Itunes gift card. I LOVE MY MOMMY. Thanks Barb! Everyone at the front desk of my apartment complex was like "Why is everyone looking for you today? You've had so many deliveries." I simply let them know how fabulous I was and, naturally, they asked no further questions.
Thursday I did a bit more tanning (I need to look hawt for my job) and then went to work til close. Friday I slept in, did more job search work, and saw a house in Alexandria. The girl who showed me the place was very friendly. I liked the room but was not sold on the area. On my way back to the metro, I asked a policeman who was sitting in his car (No, he didn't have a doughnut in his hand. I know, I was disappointed too!) what he thought of the area. Point blank he said, "You could do better." Hmm...duly noted. I turned in early for the evening, and it felt great!
However, this morning I woke up around 6 a.m. because I had gone to bed at a ridiculous 10:30 p.m. After checking my phone to see the time, I rolled back over, cuddled up to my zebra-striped comforter and said "Fuck you morning." Finally, I greeted the day around 10:00 a.m., spoke with my mom on the phone, and began the day's apartment e-mails. I got a swift response from a group of girls near Columbia Heights. After showering, I went to their open house. The house is GORGEOUS. It's newly remodeled with an August 15th move-in date. The room I'd be in is 14 x 15 1/2 feet with hard-wood floors and bay windows to allow in plenty of light. It's a great possibility. The rent's a little up there, but it's manageable. I really enjoyed all three of the girls, and they are looking to make a decision within a week or so. I feel like I'm always saying this but...*fingers crossed.*
I know it might not sound like it, but this apartment search thing is tiring. On the up side, I am getting to know the D.C./NoVa area a lot better by doing these in-person viewings, but it's frustrating at times to take time out of your day and money on your metro card just to view a place that is 1.) in a bad area or 2.) not a good fit in terms of roommates/personalities. I don't know who you have to blow in this town to get a decent place with great roommates that is both safe and close to the metro, so if you figure this out, please enlighten me.
I hope everyone's weekend is going swimmingly. As for me, I'm going to keep on keepin' on. At least I have two new pairs of kicks to show off. Thank you DSW for your lovely stock of reduced price Coach tennis shoes. :-)
Oh, and in other AWESOME news, my best friend Lindsay is going to be here in a few short weeks! I can't freaking wait!! I'm thinking beer pong, flip cup, power hour, and other similar activities that will culminate in one or both of us reaching the verge of death. Don't worry Doug, I won't take off the door to our washer/dryer unit in order to play beer pong. Promise. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment