So it's Wednesday night, and I realized today that I move into my new place in just 2 weeks! Can you believe it? It feels like I've hardly been in my apartment in Rosslyn, and now I am moving out! Things are, indeed, looking up for me. Between my part-time job, fall internship on the Hill (networking opportunities!), and new townhouse in a fabulous location, I am feeling really good.
Now that I'm in move-in mode, I'm stalking Ikea and Bed Bath and Beyond. I just seem to go from one addiction to the other. Do you think I could make it on that show "Intervention"? I'm in the market for a new shower curtain to match the blue tiling in my new bathroom. Also, my mom is bringing out all kinds of stuff from my house in Springfield. My room will be a mix of old and new. Oh, and we are getting a flat screen t.v. for my room. HOLLA!
I am getting pretty excited for the next couple of weeks. My mom is coming into town on Friday for a work-related trip and is staying until Wednesday. We are going to have some much needed mother/daughter time. During her stay, we are going to go over to my new townhouse so she can meet the girls, take pictures, tape measure everything, and put the "Mom approval" stamp on the place. It's important to me that she really likes the place. I've shown her pictures, and she seems to love it just as much as I do. I just got my work schedule for the coming week, and I am off on Monday. That's probably when we'll go over to Courthouse to see my bedroom. Woohoo!
Alright, the best friend in D.C. countdown officially starts today! My best friend in the whole wide world who I would do anything for is coming to D.C. to visit me next Friday through Tuesday. I am so excited!!!!!!!!! She gets back from Spanish camp in Savannah, Georgia, that week and flies out here to spend time with the one and only me for 4 full days! We plan on pretending we are still in college by going out, trying to pick up multiple men (one for each day should do it, right?!), and getting schmammered. I also want to go to the zoo and take her to a few good restaurants in town. In truth, it's been tough not having her around. We went from seeing each other so regularly in college to not seeing each other at all. :-( Boo for this real world stuff. I am just happy that she has decided to come visit! I am so proud of her for getting a teaching job in Ohio and for taking the leap this summer by taking on a camp counselor position in Savannah. She's a fabulous woman with good taste in both friends (duh...she knows me) and alcohol. I know we'll be miles apart, but I know our friendship can survive anything. We've been together since freshmen year of college. We lived next door to each other in Woodlawn. We joined the same sorority and were roomies in the house our junior year. We make fools of ourselves together. We judge other people together. We laugh together, and sometimes we even cry together. She knows me better than most people, is honest, and is not afraid to let me know when I'm being a bitch. We all need a friend like that in life, and I'm thankful to have found that friend in Lindsay. (Ok ok, stop bawling already Lindz, you know I love you!)
Wow, that got sappy real fast huh?
I'm off to bed. Work in the morning, and by morning, I mean 2 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sooooo how was Lindsay's visit??? Helllllooo? I need to stay updated on your life!
ReplyDeletePs I miss you.... terribly.
xoxo your Big