Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Erin and I got tickets to see...

Great news! I woke up this afternoon and my "red, beefy, pus-filled" throat looks and feels WAY better. Hooray for amoxicillin! Let's hope it keeps doing its job. I'm still using cough drops and drinking water religiously, but I do feel much better.

I contacted some of my Hill people this afternoon in hopes that they may have some leads on any jobs/internships. We'll see if they come up with anything in the next few weeks. After receiving feedback from a former fellow intern turned Hill staffer, I am re-working the language in my cover letter. With any luck, it will attract more interviews. I am getting real sick of doing nothing. I need a job ASAP. I'll be honest, this whole "life after college" thing is not all it's cracked up to be. If it were up to me, I'd stay in Asher Roth's world for the rest of my life. Minus the pot smoking. Ok, that's not true. I love D.C. and I am so glad I moved here, but I would really like to be gainfully employed. Like, really.

Anyway, since I was feeling a bit better, Erin and I decided to go to dinner. It looked like it might rain as we were leaving, so we decided to go somewhere close. We walked up the Rosslyn hill to Ruby Tuesday's. I know, I know. It's neither exotic nor "D.C." enough, but fuck it. We wanted some damn crab cakes and fast. Plus, it was amusing to us to dine at Ruby Tuesday's on a Tuesday. (See, this is why I need a job. In my unemployed world, this is entertaining. Ruby Tuesday's on a Tuesday. Uhmmmm, yeah. Do me a favor and save me from myself.) Nevertheless, our dinner was fan-fucking-tastic. I had Asian-glazed salmon topped with a crab cake and Erin had tilapia topped with a crab cake. Both of us had salad, steamed broccoli, and rice pilaf. After dinner, we took a bit of walk to get rid of that disgustingly full feeling. Luckily, it helped, and by the time we got back to the apartment we felt normal again.

Oh, oh, oh!!! Oh my god! Guess WHAT mother fuckers! This is great. I mean, this news is really good. This is better than sex. Well, that's debatable, but still, this news rivals that of a better than average orgasm with a complimentary (and always appreciated) reach-around. Erin and I got tickets to see...

KATHY GRIFFIN bitches!!

Hell. Yeah. It's gonna be a shit show. I am so excited!!! The show is on the 25th at 8 p.m. in Columbia, Maryland, at the Merriweather Post Pavillion. I cannot wait!! This broad makes even ME look tame. Only 9 more days...

No comments:

Post a Comment