Alright, I've been slacking on the blog. I'll admit it, but I'm back! This week was filled with job applications, cover letter tweaking, and sending out resumes. I applied for about 6 more jobs this week, all administrative "foot-in-the-door" type work. I came across an interesting job posting last night that would be perfect for me, so I applied. I'll let you know if anything comes of it. :-)
Monday night, Erin and I went to meet our friend Andrea for Trivia Night at the Harp and Fiddle in Bethesda. I would NOT recommend any of you go there. EVER. The food was mediocre, the beer was overpriced, and we all but lost at trivia. Ok, so it's not their fault we are terrible at trivia, but what follows WAS their fault. So, when our bill came, it totaled around $300. There were at least 10 of us all together, and with people drinking beer, our bill quickly climbed. Instead of splitting our bill up into separate checks (which would have been a hassle for her, but would have been way better for us in the end), we just received one check with gratuity already added. Those with cash (myself included) put their share of the money in with their approximate share of the tax and gratuity. Those with cards tell our waitress, Samantha, which food is theirs and to charge them adequately. Sounds harmless, right? WRONG. Little sassy Samantha comes back and says we've stiffed her. Not only are we short, she claims we are $70 short. As we all go around and tell each other how much money we gave her, we figure out that in cash alone it was over $150. Samantha claims that she cannot come up with the cash we gave her at that moment but she knows it was only about $130. This, is an out and out lie. We complained to the manager of the place, but thanks to what Andrea has accurately deemed "ageism," we were still stuck with the bill and required to come up with the extra $70. I swear, if we were all older, at least in our 30s or 40s, they would have been far more helpful. Everyone was pissed, but we couldn't leave until the tab was paid. So, most us ended up paying FAR MORE than our share of the bill to make up for this stupid waitress' counting error. We're betting she walked out that night with a hefty chunk of change in tips. WHAT A TWAT.
Tuesday night, I went to the Hill to have drinks with a former fellow intern who is now a Hill staffer on the house side. We went to the Hawk 'n Dove on Pennsylvania. I'd been there once before a year ago, but I didn't really recall how to get there. Finding the place turned out to be pretty easy, and along the way I found Good Stuff Eatery, the burger joint that was opened by Top Chef's Spike! I've heard it's delicious, so I'm looking forward to trying it. After drinks and some good advice, I went home to my lovely apartment in Arlington and made steak tip and vegetable stir fry. YUM!
Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday were spent doing the job search thing. I've found that looking for a job is a full-time job in itself. I have faith I will find something though.
Tonight, I'm going to meet up with Andrea and a few of her friends. We are all going to see "The Hangover." Let us hope the movie is filled with childish toilet humor and a sub-par story line. MY FAVORITE!
Oh, oh, oh!!! It would be a mistake to not include the following link to my now FAVORITE OF ALL TIME blog. If you know anything about the Hill or interns on the Hill, you will, quite possibly, die of laughter: http://dcinterns.blogspot.com Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment