Friday, May 22, 2009

Antonio Banderas and the National Mall

Wake-up time: slightly better than yesterday. 11:30 a.m. Oh, oh, oh!!! I got a job interview! I have NO idea where they got my resume, but a law firm in D.C. called me to set up an interview for an executive assistant/receptionist position. I meet with them on Tuesday! It’s my first interview so I am, by no means, expecting to get the job, but it will be good practice for future interviews.

After a quick shower, Erin and I decided to get our River Place IDs. Little did we know it would be such an adventure! This Antonio Banderas wannabe wearing the tightest jeans (designer, of course) I’ve ever seen in my entire life was working in the management building when we went down to get our picture IDs. I don’t know if it was the hair gel or the jeans, but he had a bit of difficulty communicating with the front desk/lobby man (who was legitimately named Moses). After about half an hour, Erin and I were finally “official” residents of the building. However, after receiving our IDs (no thanks to Antonio), we then had to go over to the workout facility to get our access badge for the gym and the pool. Another 15 minutes later, we were finally ready to venture outside of Arlington.

Clad in our tennis shoes (sneakers for you East Coast folks), we entered the Rosslyn metro and got off at the Smithsonian stop. Aiming to simply “walk around the Mall for a bit” we ended up walking up to the Washington Monument, around the World War II memorial, past the reflecting pool, and up to visit Honest Abe for a bit. As mentioned, both of us wore tennis shoes, but with the heat and the summer sun beating down on us, we were tired after taking shots of our beloved 16th president. We took the long walk back to the Smithsonian station, both of us starving. We kept looking for a restaurant along the way, and of course, there were none. The only thing we saw were hot dog stands. I swear to God, I think that's how D.C. people stay so skinny. You have to walk everywhere and when you are hungry, there are magically no restaurants in sight. To be honest, we almost gave in from the hunger and ordered two hot dogs, but as we neared the Smithsonian stop, I suggested we tough it out and take the metro to Pentagon City where there were a number of restaurants to choose from. About 15 minutes later, we were sitting inside Noodles and Company, Erin waiting on her Wisconsin Mac and Cheese with Chicken and me waiting on my Pad Thai with Chicken. Our $8 dinner was everything we thought it would be and more!

The walk back to the metro was difficult as we were still tired from the day and were now entering the “food coma” stage. We eventually made it back to River Place, and Erin and I soaked our feet in the tub for a bit. Operation exercise has commenced! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment